Monosyllabic Pedantry

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Bible Thumpers

I have a door mat that says "GO AWAY". What more do I need to do to prevent Bible Thumpers from trying to save me?
Look, I think it's cute that y'all have this little superstition. Honestly, I believe it truly is necessary for a large segment of humanity. I know it helps a lot of people lead better lives. I think that's great; it's just not for me.
You have to understand. I'm not accustomed to unannounced guests. When my doorbell rings at 10:00 Saturday morning, it throws the whole house into a tizzy. The dog freaks out. Mrs Schwartz gets just plain pissed off. (Her aunt is a Jehovah's Witness) I have only recently stopped getting a gun out of the cabinet to answer the door. (They say you mellow with age).

After all that tension gets jacked up, the last thing I want is to spend a few minutes discussing my personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

4 Comments:

  • If my memory is correct, they will be blessed if they are persecuted for the Lord's sake. You're actually helping them put points on the Golden Scoreboard by spurning them, you old softie.

    By Blogger bridgett, at 5:46 PM  

  • Thought of you:

    http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/16071089.htm

    By Blogger bridgett, at 8:12 PM  

  • Both the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses were out in full force all weekend.

    By Blogger Kat Coble, at 6:02 AM  

  • Where would one get the idea for a Go Away doormat?

    By Blogger Sarcastro, at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats