Monosyllabic Pedantry

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Demos

We are doing a demonstration this weekend at a shindig called Japanfest. It's a "celebration of Japanese culture". The aikido school is doing a demonstration. We did one yesterday and we are doing one later today.
I hate demos. I've done dozens of them, back in my karate days. I don't "do" martial arts to do demos. I guess they're a necessary evil.
I seem to be taking the roll of "the big monkey that gets beaten up". I am consistently picked to be the guy that has the girl throw him across the stage to demonstrate that aikido does not require size and strength.
Yesterday's demo was at 11AM. Today's is at 2:00. Either way, between the demo itself and the peer-pressured booth hosting time, it pretty much blows the whole day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats