Monosyllabic Pedantry

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

38

My birthday was on Sunday. Mrs Schwartz offered to take me away from it all, as a present. It's kind of like getting your wife a miter saw for her birthday, as the Missus has been nagging me to take her camping for years. I was in The Boy Scouts, so I've done all the camping I ever need to do. Now I will only entertain, what I call, "Gentleman's Camping". I'll still go in the woods and all, but I insist on having some sort of non-cloth building to sleep in.
We rented a cabin about 14 miles outside of Helen, GA. The property had two cabins on 76 acres, but the other cabin was not occupied. PERFECT!
We had a deck that overlooked the Chattahoochee river. There was a kitchen, bathroom, AC, livingroom, bedroom. Basically a little house in the woods.
I took friday off work and we went up first thing. We stayed until Sunday afternoon, making two trips into Helen for shopping and whatnot (remember the miter saw?)
The owner had an automated deer feeder hanging about 25 yards from the cabin. At about 7AM every day, the deer came to eat.

It was great.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Don't get me started on the idiots who feed the deer. We need to talk. No, they weren't here first. The state of Georgia had them imported back in the 1950's for game hunting. When you feed deer, the population explodes, with multiple births. Pretty soon they denude everything at their grazing level. Here on Mt. Sarcastro we sic the dogs on them. Of course the dogs have never caught anything, but they have a good romp and come home feeling good about themselves.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM  

  • Notice she never said "Happy Birthday".

    By Blogger Sarcastro, at 8:07 PM  

  • You're painting quite a picture, Mr Burns, err, Mother Sarcastro.

    Taking food out of Bambi's mouth and sicking dogs on him and his family.

    It explains a lot about Sarcastro's rosey demeanor.

    By Blogger Exador, at 5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats