Monosyllabic Pedantry

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Stupid Cold

In what has become a new year's tradition, I have a cold. My throat hurts like hell. and every time I cough, I get excruciating pain down into my lungs.
This is somehow the fault of my inlaws.

Under the category of "resolutions", Mrs Schwartz has given up booze. As a show of solidarity, I am going to join her. We had one drink apiece with dinner last night, but that's been it.
I don't know how long it will last. I'm not setting any dates. We're just trying to get back into shape after all the holiday frivolities.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • "I have a cold."

    "given up booze."

    Coincidence? I think not.

    By Blogger Nashville Knucklehead, at 5:59 AM  

  • For what its worth, every time I swear off the booze, i get sick. I think if i keep my alcohol level up to a certain point, stuff can't survive in my system.

    On the other hand, sobriety may bring about a change in your politics, at least we can hope. ;)

    Mack

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats