Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, February 06, 2009

Current Events

Isn't it funny how, as time goes by, more and more people/experts are coming out saying that the economic stimulus package is a disaster and will hurt the US in the long run AAAAND Barack Obama is pushing harder and harder to just pass it and stop talking and thinking so much.

My company is expanding! We are breaking ground next week on our new building, which is going to double out floor space. We hope to move into it by Q3.

I can't wait for the warm front to hit. 65 tomorrow and 66 on Sunday.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I guess my biggest problem with the stimulus is that it reads like an addendum to the regular budet with plenty of pork for both parties.
    When I envision re-building our infrastructure, I picture items like rebuilding bridges so they don't collapse or how about stronger levees in New Orlean. Sadly thats not the case and and infrastructure will be new roads as our bridges crumble and our electrical grid corrodes.

    Enjoy the stimulus - our kids will be paying for it.

    -Rocket Scientist

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 AM  

  • I spoke with a civil engineer I know, and he told me that most of our bridges are in pretty good shape. They are also inspected pretty frequently. He felt that the one that collapsed out west was a real freak event.
    Personally, I think if we are going to invest in infrastructure, I'd like to see the money going to mass transit. God knows Atlanta needs it. It kills me that there is a straight set of tracks going from Gainsville to Duluth, passing about a mile from both my house and my work, that does not carry commuters.

    By Blogger Exador, at 5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats