Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Worst Dog in Georgia


At least that's how it felt at the time.

Last weekend, we attempted to go to Stone Mountain. We haven't gotten out much, since Mrs Schwartz hurt her foot. We felt that with a cane, she'd be able to hobble around well enough.

What I had not factored in is the fact that this was the time that Janet takes her nap. Like any two year old, if she doesn't get her nap, she get cranky and starts to act up.

As soon as we arrived at the park, she started pulling on the leash, desperate to get into something. It soon became apparent that the Missus couldn't walk as well as I'd hoped and I didn't want her to risk injury.

I left her with the girls and her prized Twilight book at a picnic table, while I went inside a little museum to inquire when the transport bus would be stopping by. While inside I went through the little exhibit that illustrated how Stone Mountain was created, etc.

I came back out to find her still at the table, but when I approached and asked how she's doing, she responded, "Well, let me tell you".

She explained that as soon as I went inside, Janet started pulling this way and that on her leash. Mrs Schwartz got out the quart of red wine that I had packed for our picnic. Before she could drink any of it, Janet dragged her leash over the table and spilled the whole quart onto Mrs Schwartz' chest. The Missus stood up and yelled, causing Janet to take off running, yanking the leash free when she hit the end of it. Janet was running out into the heavy traffic at full speed. Mrs Schwartz was futilely hobbling after her with her cane. Fortunately, two people saw this and took pity on her. They squared off to block Janet and the woman sweet-talked her into coming close enough to catch her leash.

Thankfully, I was absent for the whole thing; however, that brought a quick end to our day. I took the dogs and walked back to the car, then brought it back to pick her up and go home.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Awwwww. How could such a cute beagle like that be so evil?

    Oh yeah! I was there. Thank goodness she is so cute!

    The misses

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats