Monosyllabic Pedantry

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Clash of the Titans

We went to see the 3-D version today. It was ok. It turns out that 3-D costs $12.50/ticket. That seemed a little steep, but I figured the new version is geared for 3-D.
It didn't help that I already knew the storyline. It also didn't help that I felt like I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean.
You know how I hate to stereotype? Well, the black family seated in front of us did everything except yell at the screen. Fortunately, they were talking away from us, so it wasn't too loud, but several other people repeatedly shushed them, to no avail. The last phone call they received was during the credits, but one of them did start texting about 3/4 of the way through the movie. As usual, I am amazed at the parents who will take very young children to a violent movie, including infants. I saw a guy walking out of the theatre with a sleeping baby that couldn't have been more than 2 MONTHS old. Seriously. Here's a tipoff to the parents: there are people ripped in half, hacked up, and at least one beheading.

Wait for the DVD

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats