Monosyllabic Pedantry

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Jousting Saturday Night


I made up my mind that I was going to buy into every cheesy aspect of Medieval Times, and let me tell you, I'm glad I did.
If you're willing to drop about $150, you could do a lot worse. It was a ball.
First of all, kudos for them formenting the rivalry. As soon as you get your seating, they all tell you, "You're in the Red Knight section. That's who you'll be cheering for." They set it up so that your section has red seats, red pennets and red spotlights on it. It makes it very WWF. We were cheering like hell for our knight and booing all the rest.
The food was good. The show was great.
There's nothing like young chicks calling you "ma-Lord" all night.
Yes, the fighting was more like a dance, but what the hell. You accept it as a show.
The horses are fantastic.

If you're going to do it, spend the extra $10 and get the "royalty" deal. You get seated in the first or second row, and you get a dvd.

They sell HUGE souvenir chalises. I went to get Mrs Shwartz a glass of wine, and asked the guy if I could get one of them. I asked him if he could fill it to the brim. He said he would, but he'd have to charge me for five drinks.
I would have done it, if it wasn't for the fact that I knew the chardonnay would get warm, and Mrs S would end up on the jousting stage, clamoring onto a horse, probably one that already had a knight on it.

Afterwards, we stopped at Zaxby's and got chicken fingers to go. I went in while Mrs S waited in the car. When I came back, she said some teenage girl had said something to her about her red pennet being gang colors. The Mrs was pretty drunk, so one can't be sure how the exchange actually went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats