Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, July 27, 2007

Why do I talk religion at work?

We rented Jesus Camp. I highly recommend it to everybody. I was talking to a coworker about it in our break room. I knew he would appreciate the movie.

Exador: Understand that these people want a fundamentalist christian nation. They want christian laws. The woman said that "The downfall of this country is that you have to give everyone equal rights". Then she said that democracy is only the best government here on earth. The better government will come when Jesus rules.

Just then, another coworker walks in. We'll call her Andrea.

Exador: These people look forward to the apocalypse, because that will usher in the Kingdom if Heaven.

Andrea: I know I am! I'm ready to go! I've had enough time here! I'm ready for Jesus to take me!

Exador: I'll remember not to let you drive me anywhere. I don't want to be stuck, going down the interstate, and have you suddenly disappear on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats