Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, June 25, 2007

Call me Ishmael


My damn gout has flared up for about this past week or so. I'm not even sure why, since I've been pretty good about what I eat and drink. [Then again, the two weekends before that? Not so much, so maybe that's it]. So anyway, the shit won't go away. If I keep taking anti-inflammatories, I'm ok. I neglected to take one before bed last night, so I'm hobbling around work, like Captain Ahab, until the one I took this morning can start working and the inflammation goes down.
We had a pretty busy weekend, and you couldn't ask for better weather. Gorgeous!

On Saturday, we went to Athfest, which is the Athens Music Festival. Mrs S bought me a ring. It's titanium with a diamond-like stone. I bought her a set of pottery lamps.

On Sunday, we went to the Pride parade in Atlanta. It was also fun. We bought a dining room set from a craftsman. Very Cool set, but we set up plans to come back later with my pickup and somehow get it out. When I returned at about 6:30, I had no idea where the booth was. The vendors didn't know Atlanta, so they sent me on one goose chase after another. After about an hour of this, I called them back, very frustrated, and cancelled the order. The Missus is going to call them today to try and set something up.

UPDATE: The craftsman called and said he would deliver the furniture for free! We should have it this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats