Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, January 28, 2008

Well, Damn

I wrecked my truck yesterday. I was on my way to aikido. I came up on a car in the left lane of the interstate. I had let off on the gas and was letting the truck slow itself down. I had forgotten that I still had the cruise control on. Suddenly, it kicked in, shooting me forward. I didn't have time to get to the brake. I tried to go to the left of him, but there was a concrete barrier. I don't know if I hit the wall or the car first. My airbags went off. My truck bounced off of several things before coming to a stop across both lanes. Fortunately the other guy wasn't hurt.
I'm sure the truck is totaled. I only have liability coverage on it, so that's a total loss.
I broke two bones in my right hand, sprained my left thumb, bruised my ribs, and I have a bunch of bruises on my arms.
I can't drive because the Jeep is also a stick shift.
I'm supposed to call a surgeon today to see if I need to get pins or plates in my hand.
I got a ticket for "following too closely".

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • Holy cow, Exador! That sucks. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    By Blogger rockygrace, at 7:19 AM  

  • Oh my god! That completely sucks. I'm glad you weren't more seriously hurt.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 2:47 PM  

  • I second that B. I'm glad you're mostly in one piece, Exador. Sorry to hear about the truck, but I feel better knowing you'll be okay.

    By Blogger Sam Holloway, at 3:03 PM  

  • Heal quickly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:44 PM  

  • So no more breaking cement blocks with your judo chop?

    By Blogger Sarcastro, at 3:49 PM  

  • Damn. Rib and arm bruises from the airbag, I take it? Hope your hands heal up quickly -- otherwise, telling me how wrong I am is going to hurt like hell this primary season.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 PM  

  • Yikes. Glad it wasn't worse, and hope you feel better soon. I knew there was a reason I didn't use cruise control more often.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM  

  • Damn. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    By Blogger Kat Coble, at 7:21 PM  

  • I'm glad you're not dead. But, how are you typing if your hand is broken? Your nose or your.....nevermind.

    By Blogger Plimco, at 6:25 AM  

  • Thanks everybody.

    I can only type that way when I'm looking pics of you, Plimco, so send me some good ones.

    By Blogger Exador, at 6:48 AM  

  • Sorry to hear about the wreck, Exador. Hope you heal quickly, my friend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats