Monosyllabic Pedantry

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A New Year, deferred

Like everybody else, I generally get my act together after the holidays. I quit partying, get back to working out regularly, eat better, etc.
Well. We noticed Zachary's problem as soon as we got back from Christmas. We've been in kind of a holding pattern funk ever since. Then I wrecked my truck. It's just been a shitty 6 weeks.

I went for a long walk last night, and decided that it's time to turn things around.

Since we knew that Zachary was going at any minute, we've had discussions of what dogs to get next. Mrs Schwartz checked all the shelters around (petfinder.com).
She's going, today, to look at two girls at a shelter in the middle of nowhere that look perfect.

I had already quite drinking to get rid of my gout (other than a brief bender Saturday and Sunday). I'm going to stick with that, as well as change my diet. Since I can't lift weights for a while, I'm going to have to focus on cardio and legs (bleh).

More importantly, we had a talk last night and decided that we needed to change our attitude. We need to move forward.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Hey man, sorry to hear about Zachary. As for your consumption of alcohol, it appears we are battling the same demons. Have you developed an amazing tolerance for it? I sure have. It takes so much for me to get buzzed, it hs to be taking a toll on my liver....so, like you, i have een re-thinking that and many other things. I'm back on the cardio thing as well, and laying off fatty foods. Anyway, i wish you well.

    Mack

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 AM  

  • Thanks, Mack. Yeah, my tolerance has gotten a bit high. That makes things tough for both my liver and my wallet.
    I'm switching back to basics: oatmeal, rice, chicken breast, green veggies.

    By Blogger Exador, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats