Monosyllabic Pedantry

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Drinking for others

I'm in the shower yesterday, when Mrs Schwartz comes in.

Mrs S: Mike called, and he sounds like he's in trouble. Call him right now. He said he's at Bogey's (local bar) and I think he's depressed or something.

So I call my friend.

Exador: Hey! What's going on? Where are you?
Mike: I'm drunk. (long pause) Where are you?
Exador: Are you at Bogey's?
Mike: I've been to Bogey's five or six times. (By the way, this is his regular bar, that he's been to thousands of times)
Exador: Are you there now?

Line goes dead.

So, with Mrs S prodding me with a stick all the way out the door, I drive to the bar and find my friend. Yes, he was drunk. No, he wasn't depressed. It was his first night off of work in a few weeks and he was celebrating. So we stayed there until about 11.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • So you were FORCED by your wife to go drinking? Lucky man!

    By Blogger rockygrace, at 6:34 AM  

  • This is something I've done on a number of occasions. I have never been a melancholy drinker...I either get real animated or just go to sleep. But I have had many friends throughout the years that sometimes needed company, steady, reliable company, after a certain amount of drinks. Its what friends do. If it gets out of hand, friends also know when to say, "sorry, not this time."

    By Blogger Mr. Mack, at 6:32 PM  

  • Beer drinking mellows me out or makes me a bit giddy.

    Whiskey or any other sort or liquor....

    I don't drink liquor that often

    By Blogger Lee, at 3:12 PM  

  • Your local bar is named after a booger?! That's awesome.

    By Blogger Plimco, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats