Monosyllabic Pedantry

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

At work

I found a box of 9mm shells on one of my coworker's desk. I work in an environment where this is not a bad thing.

Exador: Why do you have a box of Core Bonds on your desk?
Worker1: I've been all over town, trying to buy shells. The stores are all empty.
(Just then, worker number 2 walks in)
Worker2: It's true! You can't buy ammo anywhere. Everybody's stocking up.
Worker1: It's only a matter of time before enough people finally get fed up with having all their money taken from them.
Worker2: It's time for another revolution. It's coming!

These two aren't Hillbillies. Worker1 is an ISO9000 and QC guy. Worker2 is a hardware engineer.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • No problems buying ammo up here, especially on the western New England side of the river. Think y'all might just be experiencing a local burst of paranoia.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:58 PM  

  • Wow ....... do they keep their guns at work, too? That's just scary.

    Tempers get so hot around my office sometimes that I'm afraid somebody actually would get shot if the employees were armed.

    By Blogger rockygrace, at 11:15 AM  

  • Actually, yes. I know my boss has a gun in his desk, and I'd be shocked if the owner didn't have one. Several of the rest of us keep one in our cars.

    By Blogger Exador, at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats