Monosyllabic Pedantry

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I'm turning into a slob

I haven't been entertaining lately, so I haven't been motivated to clean the house. I did laundry three days ago. It's still folded on the back of the livingroom couch. Every mornig I come downstairs and get new socks out of the laundry basket, full of clean ones that's also in the livingroom. "Why bother putting them away. This is more efficient.", I think to myself.
Same for christmas lights. Being the last white man in Gwinnexico, my neighbors have already decorated the shit out of their houses. I'm like, "Eh, what's the point."

I think I need a hobby.

Update:

Since certain Nancyboys were apparently offended by my lack of housekeeping, I spent Thursday night cleaning chez Exador, aka, the hovel. All that remains is the steamcleaning, which is a good two-day chore and will have to wait until Monday.

5 Comments:

  • In a perfect world, the washer and dryer would just be in my closet.

    As for hobbies, I'm surprised you don't consider drunkenly calling girls to tell them about your underwear a hobby.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 7:05 AM  

  • Heh. The laundry room is right next to the Master bedroom.

    I only put away about 25% of the clothes, when the top of the dryer is too crowded. I've just started to think of it as having large appliances in a second walk-in closet.

    By Blogger Kat Coble, at 7:30 AM  

  • I toured a condo that had three floors. The laundry room was in the hall just outside the master bedroom on the third floor. Brilliant! I wouldn't even need a hamper. I'd just wear all the same colors and throw them in the washer. When it's full, hit the button.

    I forgot to mention that all the dirty clothes are also strewn all over the house.
    The bedding is folded on the couch too. Last night, I was wearing sweats and a sweatshirt and didn't feel like getting the bedding, so I just wore it to bed and spooned Zachary for warmth.

    By Blogger Exador, at 9:02 AM  

  • I noticed that Casa de Exador was missing a certain "attention to sanitation" that has always been the hallmark of previous visits.

    You shouldn't have fired the maid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 AM  

  • I'm surprised that you weren't too drunk to notice.

    I'll have to make a trip NW to see how spic and span things are around your fortress of solitude.

    By Blogger Exador, at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats