Monosyllabic Pedantry

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The other shoe drops

We took Montgomery back to the vet today. He has lost a lot of weight. The shape of his skull is showing through in an unfamiliar way.
The vet said he either has one of the worst bacterial/viral infections he's ever seen, or he has cancer of the lymph nodes.
We went through a bunch of different options. We settled on some prescriptions that would make him feel better; give him a better "quality of life".
We don't know how long he has. We're just going to spoil him as long as we can.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Oh no! I'm so sorry.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 7:33 PM  

  • Poor guy. If there were doggy hookers, I'd buy one for him. And a gift basket of pork products...

    By Blogger Plimco, at 6:12 AM  

  • I'm so sorry to hear about your poor dog. We had a little pound puppy for 18 years and I swore when she died I'd never get another dog because it's so painful to lose them.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 9:43 AM  

  • Poor Monty.

    Stuart has this stuff called Fatal Plus...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 AM  

  • Actually, Sarcastro, I need to talk to you about that. If you can secure one for a 90 lbs dog, I will buy it off you/Stu.

    Not sure what the vet would charge, but I've heard stories of $500. Mrs Schwartz has already made it clear that the .38 is not an option.

    By Blogger Exador, at 10:34 AM  

  • something called Fatal Plus doesn't sound any better than a .38?

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 2:38 PM  

  • Exador, this is a reply to your reply to Aunt B. and her aversion to shaved balls. I agree with you whole heartedly, if "you" are expecting some of your bodyparts to be in someone's mouth, than...for God's sake.....groom them.
    Different note: Sorry to hear about Monty. I have a 10 yr. old chow lab mix, and he's going through many of the same things. Take heart. He knows you love him.

    By Blogger Chrissykins, at 4:51 PM  

  • I'm sorry if I sounded flippant in my last comment, I truly did not know what Fatal Plus was until I looked it up just now. I hope it's peaceful for you and most of all for Montgomery.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats