Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday Morning Coming Down

I've been trying to curtail my carousing. You know, limit my weekend drunken stupidity. Unfortunately, the weather is getting too nice. I was really good on Friday and Saturday. Mrs Schwartz came over. We stayed home friday. We went into Atlanta on Saturday and had a blast. Saturday night, all the Bass drafts caught up to us and we lied down on the couch for a minute, and woke up four hours later.
That was all still good. I woke up Sunday morning, feeling downright spry. Mrs Schwartz left to do work at her apartment and get all the cleaning, shopping, etc, that one has to do to prepare for the week.
When she left, I went to work in the yard, since it was too nice to finish the floor. Shortly after noon, two of my idiot friends stopped by. I suspect they were scouting for beer, since you can't buy any on Sunday in Georgia. (Except in a bar. Makes sense, don't it?)
The three of us sat on my deck, drinking and talking until the beer was gone.

Let's go to a bar! What harm could it do? It's only two in the afternoon. Plenty of time to have a beer or two.

For some history: these guys are notorious for stopping by to say hi, and suddenly it's three days later.

Time travel forward to 11:30 last night. We are now in Mike's exgirlfriend's house. I tell him, I have to go home right now!
By the time we drop off Johnny, then me, I get home about 12:30.

I feel like hell this morning. I would announce the start of the Spring Purification, but St Patrick's Day is on a Friday this year, so I will have to wait until after that.

Update: 10:20 PM

I've discovered that when I abuse myself to the extent that I did last night, that it's often followed by an illness of some kind. My resistance gets knocked down. I get a cold that lasts for a few days, then my WLSP fixes me.

In order to head this off (with age comes wisdom) I came home from work, fed Zachary, then went to sleep on the couch for two hours, before regular sleep. I also took a bunch of vitamins, just in case.

Sure, the house is a mess; there's dirty laundry everywhere; the hedge clippings are still all over the front porch, I have nothing to wear to work.

but I'll be better tomorrow.

This is one of those times when it's really convenient to not have kids. If I want to do nothing for a night, I can.

Now, off to bed.

5 Comments:

  • You have FRIENDS that stop by to drink with you? How fortunate for you. Me? I drink in the dark on my couch. The bottle is my only friend...

    By Blogger Plimco, at 11:26 AM  

  • I think they're just using me for my Sunday-booze-stockpile and my deck.

    By Blogger Exador, at 12:04 PM  

  • I vote you take her back. Right away. Is it up for a vote?

    The weather's beautiful; everyone's fucked up in ways they're never going to get over; and living in limbo is stupid.

    Take a leap for romance. Bring her home.

    Give her only plastic cups from which to drink her wine, but bring her home.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 12:07 PM  

  • I'd leave a comment but I'm too drunk to type.

    By Blogger Nashville Knucklehead, at 2:29 PM  

  • This year, I have decreed that Spring Purification begins Monday morning after St. Paddy's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats