Monosyllabic Pedantry

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Grizzly Doofus

Moments before death (just kidding)


We watched Grizzly Man tonight, based on a recommendation by Sarcastro.
Basically, the movie is made up of footage that this wingnut compiled after spending every summer for 13 years hanging around wild Grizzly bears in Kodiak, Alaska.
The sad part is that he convinced his girlfriend to go with him for the last two summers. Spoiler warning: They die. The moron hangs around until late September. The salmon have stopped running. The bears are getting hungry and wanting to stock up for winter. You do the math.

The guy's camera was running when the bear killed him and his girlfriend, but the lenscap was on. His crazy ex-girlfriend has possesion of the audio. The guy who made the film listens to it, but me-the-guy-who-rented-this-movie doesn't get to hear anything. He listens and tells the girlfriend that she "must never listen to this". I'm assuming there's a lot of screaming and crunching.


Overall, the movie is a little like watching "Best in Show", except the wacky interviews are for real.

I think my favorite part is where one of the locals says, "I think the only reason he lasted as long as he did is because the bears thought there was something wrong with him".


The only redeeming value is as a drinking game.
One drink for every time Tim the Wingnut says:

"I'm here to protect the bears"
"I'm a gentle warrior"
"I would die for these bears"
"Gay"

Add in whatever others you feel are appropriate, but I warn you that you'll get pretty loaded from just these.

2 Comments:

  • I so have no desire to see this film. At all.

    By Blogger Kat Coble, at 10:55 PM  

  • I actually saw this film a couple of months ago.
    Little ole' Timmy was a nutball.I think it was on Discovery and I happened upon it.
    Weird when Letterman predicted his demise.

    By Blogger Newscoma, at 4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats