Monosyllabic Pedantry

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Buy me a drink!
Yes, today is my birthday. 37. That's getting to the point where you don't really get excited about being older.

A friend of mine has been nagging me for months to go out drinking with him, so I called him last night. His apartment is a decent walk from a good bar. Mrs Schwartz was a trooper. The low point of the evening was either when the two of us, locked in an embrace, tipped over backwards in my barstool (those things are high), or having the Jager girls calling to me and wishing me happy birthday moments before I slipped around the corner and threw up behind the bar. I got a Jager T-shirt and hat, which actually look cooler than your typical promotional products. Them germans know their stuff.

The birthday gods have blessed me, since I don't have a hangover. Go Me!

5 Comments:

  • Happy birthday, lightweight.

    By Blogger Sarcastro, at 6:08 AM  

  • Happy Birthday, Boy Scout!

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 12:21 PM  

  • I'll drink you under the bar, Scotsman!

    Although someone may die.

    By Blogger Exador, at 1:35 PM  

  • Yay. I am currently toasting this laptop I have pirated with this can of Amstel Light I stole from the back of the Mommies I am baby sitting for...their fridge.

    Lach heim.

    By Blogger Plimco, at 7:38 PM  

  • You are probably right. I can't remember the last time I got drunk.

    Of course, if you can remember the last time you got drunk, you weren't really that drunk.

    By Blogger Sarcastro, at 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats