Monosyllabic Pedantry

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Welcome to the Jungle

I came home from work. After a few minutes, I could hear a helicopter outside. No big deal. The occasional traffic/news helicopter flies over. After a while, I noticed that it sounded really loud, and it hadn't gone away. I went out on my back deck, and there he was; hovering about 100 feet directly above my house.
Huh, I exclaimed to Mrs S.
I'll bet it has to do with that chicken-coop-looking building down the street that has all the illegals in it. I saw a cop walking away from there at about five today. He was talking into his radio, and he looked upset.", she replied.
Me: Let's go check it out.

So we got in my truck and drove up the street. Sure enough, there were about six patrol cars, lights flashing. The house had yellow crime scene tape stretched around it, from tree to tree.

Mrs S: I'll bet it's a meth lab.
Me: I'll bet it was a murder.
Mrs S: We need to move.
Me: Sure. We'll move to a place where there's no crime.

I then discovered a website where I can listen in on the Gwinnett County Police Scanner. How cool is that? They even have a table that shows the meaning of all the code words they use.

I listened for a while, but by the time I started doing it, I think that the whole thing was over with.
So I checked the Gwinnett County Sheriff's Docket, which shows all the people being booked into jail, but nothing looked like our incident.

UPDATE: I was right! Here's what the news said:

Woman Found Dead; Police Search For Neighbor
-- Gwinnett County Police are looking for a neighbor in connection with the death of a woman at her home.
Investigators are not releasing a possible motive or saying how the woman died, but they identify the victim as 64-year-old Jenny Rider Neville. The woman was found dead Tuesday.
Authorities have filed a murder warrant against 33-year-old Alvenio Johnny Culpepper, who lived next door to the woman.
Investigators believe Culpepper fled the area and is driving the woman's white 2003 Toyota Corolla, which has a specialty Georgia Tech license plate S-T-5-8-9.

7 Comments:

  • They're lullling you into a false sense of security. They'll be coming for you as soon as they find someone to take care of the dog.

    By Blogger W, at 5:34 AM  

  • You need a shirt that says "I 'heart' being right!"

    Tara

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 AM  

  • The good news is that as long as he's on the run, you don't have a murderer living in your neighborhood. That's a plus.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 7:53 AM  

  • I love the names of these people. They sound made up. And why get a specialty license plate if it doesn't even MEAN anything? Does it?

    By Blogger Plimco, at 1:02 PM  

  • Wait. I get it. Georgia Tech. That's what's special about it. I'm going to stop wracking my brain about ST538 now.

    Saint 53 ate?
    Street 5 thrate?

    By Blogger Plimco, at 1:04 PM  

  • Jesus Christ.

    5 ate 9

    I can't even analyze fake things correctly...

    Saint 5 ate 9.

    By Blogger Plimco, at 1:06 PM  

  • thats my dad!
    my name is Alvenio Johnny Culpepper 3rd

    By Anonymous Alvenio Culpepper, at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats