Monosyllabic Pedantry

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm SO pissed I didn't think of this

Carbon Offsets. It's so perfect. What an ideal scam?

Liberals pretty much LIVE on guilt:

Guilt over being white
Guilt over having money
Guilt over using energy
Guilt over using the environment
Guilt over our country killing somebody

They carry it all on their shoulders, and will be more than happy to explain to you how guilty you are supposed to feel too.

Talk about low-hanging fruit for a scam.

It's as old as time: Offer up a boogyman, then provide a solution, for a small monetary contribution.

Since you have to literally live like a caveman to truly have minimal impact on the world, [and what liberal with a taste for the finer things is going to do that?] you have to have some way to assuage your guilt without infringing on your luxury.

Carbon offsets. AND the BEST PART: It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to actually VERIFY WHERE YOUR MONEY WENT!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!


Oh sure, hippie organizations have had their hands out since the 60's to save the whales or the rainforests or whatnot, but this is so much better because it directly soothes the liberal guilt by telling them that "This money is going directly to fix the evil that you, MoonRiver, are doing to Gaia". Talk about a fool and his/her money!

Is there a Mutual fund that contains the founders of these organizations?

Allow me to introduce my new corporation, "BUY YOUR WAY INTO HEAVEN". All you have to do is pay me money and I will offset your sins by doing the Lord's Work, in your name.
I accept PayPal.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • You do realise that the #1 seller of "Carbon Offsets" is Al Gore's own company, right?

    How great is that!

    I love it.

    Something tells me that he picked up at least a FEW tricks in Vanderbilt's Divinity School.

    By Blogger Kat Coble, at 12:12 PM  

  • Catholic Church beat you to this idea by a couple thousand years. An oldie but a goodie -- the Coral Gables guys (my uncle Bill included) is still working this one in raising money for diamond min...I mean conversion efforts in Nigeria.

    By Blogger bridgett, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats