Monosyllabic Pedantry

Sunday, November 25, 2007

All roads lead to the mouse

We're home again, jiggidy jig.

We went to Disneyland for Thanksgiving. We've had it planned for a while. In fact, Mrs Schwartz got a great deal on our room; something like $30/night. We were within 5 minutes of Disney. They had a shuttle, but we drove every day. Parking was worth the $11 to come and go as we pleased.

The best part? Hoo, there were many. We drove down on Thursday morning. There was very little traffic. After checking in, we had a great Thanksgiving dinner at the steakhouse connected to the hotel. They had the thanksgiving buffet with all the essentials. The problem is that I was raised (and brainwashed) with that idea that you never leave food on your plate. I just can't do it. If Mrs Schwartz leaves food on her plate, I have an urge to finish it. So after gorging myself on the Thanksgiving buffet, the next morning, they had a breakfast buffet. It was really good too! Ugh! I think I gained ten pounds.

Nobody was at Disney on Black Friday. It was great! I don't think I waited more than 5 minutes for any ride. We hit the basics first: Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Jungle Boatride. I skipped Small World, because I remember (from when I was 4) how lame it is.
When we were leaving the Haunted Mansion, two staff members handed us Dream FastPasses.

Some background. FastPasses are a horribly wonderful invention at Disney. The deal is like a reservation for a ride. You get a ticket at a machine near each ride. The ticket tells you a window of time to go on the ride. When you return at that time, you go into a FastPass line that goes by all the people waiting in line, right to the front. How evil is that? All the people give you dirty looks as you go by them. Since anybody can do it, I don't know why anybody would not do it. In addition to that, the Dream FastPass, that we randomly got, has all the major rides on it. You just tear off a little tab for each ride, and there's no time window.

We spent pretty much all day at Magic Kingdom, then took a break for dinner, then returned to Epcot to catch the fireworks, which were excellent. Epcot is better geared to adults, so we spent all day Saturday there, after briefy checking out MGM Studios. Again, very light crowds. Mrs Schwartz couldn't believe it.
We had dinner in "Japan". It's been a long time since I've had teppanyaki. Also excellent.


The drive back was mostly in the rain. The weather was perfect other than that. When we got north of Macon, I-75 started getting bound up. We'd start and stop. It got so bad, that we jumped off of it a few miles south of Atlanta and took back roads.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Is this a serious post? Did you really do this? Because just entertaining the IDEA of spending any holiday or...any day, really immersed in Disney shit is enough to make me want to slit my wrists. Seriously? You did this. And had fun?

    Huh.

    Well good for you.

    By Blogger Plimco, at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats