Monosyllabic Pedantry

Sunday, January 06, 2008

She's a little high strung

I've learned over the years to announce my presence whenever entering a room occupied by Mrs Schwartz. If I don't, then I invariably startle the hell out of her.
I could understand it if she didn't know I was home. If we are together and she goes upstairs, and I go up a few minutes later, she will shriek in terror as I turn a corner.

Today, she went into the kitchen and shrieked in terror. Then I could hear her laughing uncontrollably.

Exador (laughing): What the hell is it?
Mrs Schwartz: I thought I saw a man ready to get me.
Exador: Where?
Mrs Schwartz: Over there. I thought those bags were a man hiding behind the corner, waiting to jump out an get me.

I don't know how one would interpret this to be a man, so I'll let you decide:

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • What is that chestnut you and Sar pass back and forth all the time? BTW enjoyed your Christmas visit post!! Mother Sarcastro

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats