Monosyllabic Pedantry

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am Against School Vouchers

Have I turned into a raving liberal?! Not exactly. The way I see it is like this:

Do we have to have some kind of socialized educational system? Sadly, yes. Sure, if the world were perfect, people who had children would have to provide for their education the same way they provide for their food and clothing. Unfortunately, most of the people in the country are morons and far too many of them breed. The cold reality is that if we left this seemingly obvious responsibility to them, they'd fuck it up. We'd end up with a nation of even bigger morons that we'd then have to deal with.
So we have to bite the bullet and tell these dopes that they have to actually, ya know, educate their kids. Even that largely fails.

So anyways, now that we're stuck with socialized education, it seems proper that everybody pays into the system. So everybody (even me, Grrrr) pays into it, but then!
Along comes vouchers. Now these people want to put their money in and then take right back out, like the hokey pokey, so they can put it into a private school.

Tough cookies. You want to send your brat to private school, go for it, but you still gotta pay into the system. If I, who has no kids, has to pay into it, then by Jeebus, so do you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • First off, I have kids.. BUT, I understand your pain.

    I have never thought it fair that childless people had to pay for educating other peoples children. At the very least, you should be able to 'opt out'.

    Your comments about parents taking responsibility and educating their children and fucking it up.. Sure as shit they would! Kudos to you for saying it out loud, so to speak.

    And I'm wondering... why in the hell was I laughing my ass off by the I finished reading your post?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 PM  

  • I send my kid to a private school and even I'm against vouchers. I don't bitch about funding edumickation because I want to be able to walk into a hardware store twenty years from now and get a 1/2" drill bit. If public education goes, metric will take over. And I want a fair shot at having an EMT that knows how to read the instruction manual on the defib...so I figure I get adequate benefits.

    Oh, and the bit about parents fucking it their kids' education is right. Nationally, we have a bad case of fucked up priorities where people would rather work 70 hours a week to buy a flat-screen TV that they will never have time to watch and let their kids do god knows what than they would work less, do with less, and raise up decent kids.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats