Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, July 28, 2008

Stone Mountain

As a result of out topsy-turvy sleep schedule, due to the sick dog, we didn't do much on Sunday until about 5pm.

Then we packed up and headed to Stone Mountain Park to meet up with my aunt and watch the Laser Light Show. It's their 25th anniversary doing it, so it was pretty cool.
It didn't start until 9:30, but you have to get there early to get a decent spot on the lawn.
They changed the show around a little, but they kept all the classics.
Nothing like listening to Elvis' rendition of Dixie. The whites hoot and holler along, while the black family in front of us sat stone-faced with their arms crossed.
Ray Charles' Georgia is also a classic.

We just hung around in our chairs until the crowds had cleared out afterwards. It definitely beat trying to fight your way out of the lot. We still pulled into our driveway at 11:30.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Woooooo, spooky. I, too, heard Elvis's rendition of Dixie over the weekend -- di-rect from a New Jersey Elvis impersonator while sitting front and center in a simulated "Las Vegas" ballroom full of squealing pre-teen girls in rhinestones.

    That sort of defines "fucking surreal."

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:20 PM  

  • Gotta love the Elvis impersonators.

    Unfortunately, when I was saving a spot on the lawn, I was drunk calling friends and family while my man walked around the park. We took turns.

    I left my cell phone on the blanket and it must have scooted down the hill. The people I could touch with my toe if extended called MY MOM in NY.

    Goood news: She was so glad she was my BFF on my fav 5.

    Bad news: Now I'm at dumbshit level with my crazy old coot parents.

    The wife

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats