Monosyllabic Pedantry

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Let the Purging Begin!

I'm getting pissed that the gout is still nagging me, so I'm taking action. I'm going to quit drinking between now and Xmas.

I'm probably going to New York to visit the family for Festivus. I'd like to reduce this tire, as well as clear out my reserves, as there will undoubtedly be drinking involved wherever family is concerned.

It won't be easy because my company's Xmas party is the 3rd, and I hear that it's usually a big, drunken blowout.

Maybe it's best that I'm not drinking.

3 Comments:

  • You poor deluded fool. You can't possibly stick to that plan. Just hearing about your family makes me want to drink heavily. I can't imagine going there and remaining sober.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 AM  

  • Between this and the sad posts about your dog, I about can't stand it.

    I realize now that, unlike young men, who need afghans to cover them up while they sleep through football games on the couch, you need something large enough to drape over your shoulders and use as a shelter when you fall on your way to the mail box.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 6:19 AM  

  • Save the old man jabs for Sarcastro, sister.

    I'm in my Prime!

    (The mailbox IS awfully far, though, and an afghan would be comfy......)

    SS,

    That's the beauty of my plan: repair the liver NOW, drink heavily LATER.

    By Blogger Exador, at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats