Monosyllabic Pedantry

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Office Christmas party


Last night was my company's X-mas party. It was at Chateau Elan. My company is very old fashioned, which is so cool. It's a small company, but the owner really has a fatherly flare about him. He goes all out for the Christmas party. Everybody gets loaded, which is also great; none of that corporate pc shit for us.
Part of what went well is that we didn't do or say anything fireable. Mrs Schwartz went with me. One of her gifts is the ability to work a room. Within minutes, everybody knew and loved her, which certainly reflects well on me.
The company had reserved several rooms in the hotel, which encouraged many of the lightweights to go all out, not having to worry about driving. After the hotel kicked us out of our ballroom, one of the company's founders and I crashed the party across the hall. I was pretty much bluffing when I pointed out to him how easy it would be, but he was loaded, so we went over. I tried to quietly blend in while he decided to introduce himself a la Fletch. "Hi, put my tab on the Underhill's bill."
We got out with a couple of drinks and no one the wiser.

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Exador, at 10:35 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Exador, at 10:36 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Exador, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats