Monosyllabic Pedantry

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

W's Impending Impeachment

I recently made the prediction that Bush would get impeached over approving eavesdropping without a warrant. I may have to rescind that prediction. My reasoning was that, even though it appeared there was plenty of precedent, and Bush consulted with senators from both parties, and that there are legal justifications, I thought he was still doomed.
First, any senators that he consulted with have already shown they'll happily throw him under the bus with their favorite lie: "We didn't see all the information, and if we had, we would have torn our own eyes out before approving of this travesty, blah blah blah." It's the same crap they are pulling over voting for the war, since the truth is that they sent our soldiers into battle and then yanked the rug out from under them to score political points.
Second, I figured the hypocritical and mercenary democrats would raise such a stink over this, and the MSM would happily scream it over and over again, that Bush is doomed.
The second point will continue happening, but what is making me doubt my prediction is that the new media is exposing a lot of this.
The biggest part is that the word is getting out that both Carter and Clinton approved the exact same thing. That doesn't make it right or wrong, but it shows precedence, which carries weight.

That hypocrit, Carter, then goes on to say this, in order to push his latest book:

Instead of cherishing our role as the great champion of human rights, we now find civil liberties and personal privacy grossly violated under some extreme provisions of the Patriot Act.

Personally, I think their choice to do it was far worse, since we didn't have a 911 to justify it. Christ, Clinton ordered it to get trade information, and his order included infrared scanning and physical searches of homes and businesses! All you lefties that are screaming about privacy; how would you like the NSA watching you bang your wife? That seems a lot worse than listening in on phone calls, only when there is a link to a terrorist overseas, and only when the phone calls are international.
Having 911, and the overdue acknowledgement that we are in a war against islamic radicalism, lends justification to the wiretaps because it is done in the light that the war is not conducted on a battlefield and it is being waged within our borders. I think a lot of people don't appreciate that we are fighting a war on our own soil. Hell, a whole lot of people don't want to acknowledge that we are fighting a war at all.

On a related note, that jackass, race pimp, John Lewis, is calling for Bush's impeachment. This guy took one too many nightsticks to the head during the civil rights era. John Lewis is among the representatives that voted "NO" on friday to H Res 612 "Expressing the commitment of the House of Representatives to achieving victory in Iraq."
He counts himself with Georgia's other raving Moonbat, "Jihad-Cindy" McKinney.

6 Comments:

  • All you lefties that are screaming about privacy; how would you like the NSA watching you bang your wife?

    Aw, shoot, now I have to get me a wife? I'm having a hard enough time settling on a suitable husband. Still, if I could find a girl to cook and clean for me, I guess I could make an honest woman out of her. That's how much I care about making your rants applicable to my lefty life.

    All I ask is that, if we're at war, we really be at war and declare war and do it up right. Without a real declaration, it means about as much as our war on drugs or our war on crime or our war on poverty, which is to say, not really worth much at all.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 1:05 PM  

  • I wasn't that big of a fan of YOU watching me bang my wife, much less the NSA.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 PM  

  • Oh, yes you were.

    By Blogger Exador, at 4:15 AM  

  • It's not always about you, B. Let's try and pull the spotlight off of you for a moment. When I write about you, I link to you.

    Once again, you have demonstrated your one-dimensional, Ozzie & Harriet view of marriage. There's more to it than making the wife cook and clean.

    If you made an honest woman out of her, I suspect she would be your first. Honest, that is. Not woman. I suspect you've just the fence a time or two already, which I think it so hot. OK, now it's about you.

    By Blogger Exador, at 8:17 AM  

  • Make that "jumped the fence".

    See how it affected me.

    By Blogger Exador, at 8:20 AM  

  • Do you have other lefty readers who scream about privacy? Other than me, no one with the guts to comment. So, when you ask the lefties a question, and I suspect I'm the only one, how can I not see it as a direct question for me?

    I'm so sorry I misinterpreted your rhetorical device.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats