Monosyllabic Pedantry

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mad Dog Disease

If there is such a thing, Zachary has it. Mrs Schwartz is in Kansas City on business. I've been trying to finish the damn floor.

By the way, the floor is almoooosssst done. All that's left are the 4" along part of one wall, and the closet, and the part that's underneath this computer. Part of the problem is that it's done enough that you can walk pretty much anywhere. That's takes a lot of the urgency out of it.

So I'm trying to work on the floor and Zachary is bored. So he walks up to me while I'm lying on my stomach, trying to cut the bottom off the closet door frame's trim so the floor boards will slide under it.

Grrrrrrrrr

I look up at him and he starts jumping around.

What the hell do you want, ya fuzzy bastard?

He stops jumping and kind of purses his lips and sticks his head out like a chocolate horse. His eyes are locked on mine.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

So I sit up and reach out to pet him. He jumps away then starts hopping around just out of my reach. This is all with a bad leg, mind you.
So I decide (again) that working on the floor has given me a headache.

Mwowwwooooowowwwrrrrrrr

I'm playing with my goofy dog. The new floor adds a new dimension, because when he's lying on his back, I can shove him and he goes sliding, zoooooom, across the floor.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Maybe it's sad dog disease.

    Although a good spin on a glossy floor goes a long way towards cheering ME up, the extra hopping and growling are rumored to have strong curative powers for dogs grieving.

    Or so they say.

    By Blogger booda baby, at 8:45 AM  

  • Playing with your dog sounds like heaps more fun than finishing the floor anyway.

    Just don't eat his brains. I hear that's the easiest way for mad dog disease to spread to humans.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats