Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, May 26, 2006

Ant Souls

I have flying ants. Not many. About a dozen of so somehow get into my house and walk around on my TV at night.
So I do a search for "flying ants georgia pesticide" to see how to get rid of them.

One of the results is THIS.

It's a forum by vegans, discussing how they have bugs in their house, but they can't kill them because that would be wrong. Sometimes they just live with the ants, cockroaches, spiders. Sometimes they release them into the wild, including flying ants.

For some reason, they don't think the same ants are just coming back in. It reminds me of our border policy with Mexico, but I digress.

My favorite quote:
I had a real problem with tiny ants invading my kitchen last week. I was cleaning so I had to get them out or I would end up squishing them. They were about 2mm long, so it was really hard to remove them. I went to put my dishes away after dinner later and found three of them dead on my counter. I know that they die just because they are so fragile, but I still feel horrible when I am the cause.

Anyway, it's a fun read, if you're bored and want to mock stupid people.

1 Comments:

  • flying ants may = swarming termites.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats