Monosyllabic Pedantry

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Marriage, Round 2

Sunday, we are doing the big move-back-in. Mrs Schwartz is moving back into the house. The jury's still out on whether we'll kill each other. It did seem pretty silly to have her living in an apartment when we were seeing each other every weekend.
Today, we had a garage sale, so that she could sell some of her junk to make room. I worked on the yard while she attended to the illegals that patronized the sale.
I was able to finish spreading grass seed and hay on the remainder of the front yard. All the hard work is done. It's growing pretty well.
We had a couple of people stop to try to buy my seed spreader, or my sprinkler.
I've done all the necessary preparations. I called my drunken friends a day in advance. Right on time, they returned my call 12 hours later, at which time, I was able to pounce on them: "I need your help with the move tomorrow." I also bought two cases of beer. It being Sunday, they won't have any other sources of cheap beer. Bwa Ha Ha!
After buying the beer for tomorrow, Zachary and I sat on the driveway and watched traffic for about 30 minutes. It's become our favorite thing to do. There's also some high lightning, so that added to the show.

2 Comments:

  • Did any of your neigboring amigos attempt to purchase Mrs. Schwartz at this yard sale?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

  • If only they had the dinero.

    By Blogger Exador, at 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats