Monosyllabic Pedantry

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bizarro World

I was listening to the morning shock jocks on my way to work this morning. They do a regular American Idol update. I've never had the stomach to sit through more than 20 seconds of AI in my life. I don't get the interest.

The one shock jock taperecorded his phone call from his family last night. The whole family was DISTRAUGHT over how the voting went. While his mother was whining about calling the Fox affiliate because the show was obviously rigged, the sister calls in on the other line. The mother was going to call 911 to get the number for the Fox affiliate.

Quotes from the sister (in the JAPiest Long Island accent you can imagine) :

"It's just like when the twin towers were hit."
"This is one of those things like when Kennedy was shot, where you always remember where you were when you heard the news."
"Call your mother back. She needs you at times like this. She needs your support."



Yes, the whole thing could have been rigged, but it didn't feel that way to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats