Monosyllabic Pedantry

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Building the home office



It looks like Mrs Schwartz' home business is taking off. Part of what makes her so loveable, and concurrently intolerable, is that she is THE type A personality. Combine that with her just being very good at what she does, and she is leading the new company's numbers, and it's her first week.
So we are building the home office. She is cleaning while I put together the oak desk that we bought on thursday. If you've done this before, then you are familiar with the little CAM devices the use now. Unfortunately, I have to install all those dozens of little CAM devices, before they can be used to put the pieces together. Nobody uses screws anymore. Ironically, the CAM devices have to be screwed into the wood.
We are also going out to buy her a laptop, so I can get her off of this computer.
It also means that I have to run CAT-5 cable up to the new office. That'll be fun.

Live-blogging moment:

Mrs Schwartz: You have to clean Zachary's ears.

Exador: You do it. You have smaller fingers. You can poke his brain.

Mrs Schwartz: I always have to do it. Can't I have weekends off?

Exador: Fine, but it'll take a lot of time out of that desk I'm building for you.

Mrs Schwartz: Yeah, well it'll take a lot of time out of any blowjobs you get. I can play this game all day!

Exador: Fine, I'll do it, but I'm blogging this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats