Monosyllabic Pedantry

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Chores

I've had a soaker hose buried under my hedge for a while, but I only rarely hooked it up and ran water through it, as I was focusing on the lawn.
Now I tried to hook it up and discovered that there's an ant colony in it.
Flushing the ants out wasn't difficult, but the little bastards chewed holes though it, all at one end. So one end gets 90% of the water. I have to buy a new one. Damn.

Mrs Schwartz is completely laid up with Aunt Flo. She takes Seasonal, so she shouldn't be getting anything, but for some reason, she got nailed, hard. She talked with her doctor, and he said if she has "this" symptom or "that", she needs to call him.
So far, so good, but she's still a mess. She asked me to wake her up when I got back from Home Depot, but she's been up since 4AM, so I'm letting her sleep.

3 Comments:

  • Holy shit! You must immediately make for her that drink Sarcastro's Sugar Momma makes for me. He can tell you the recipe, but I think it's green apple vodka and cranberry juice.

    Anything that wakes you up at 4 in the morning and has you calling your doctor on a Saturday is best suffered through in a dead drunk.

    It's not, I don't believe, a violation of the Purge, because it's for medicinal purposes.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 11:39 AM  

  • Seasonale is tricky stuff. They do all that marketing that looks good, but then in reality it takes 6-9 months to actually get on their 90 day cycle and for some people it doesn't work as well as others. I feel for her, but also she shouldn't suffer if she's expecting Aunt Flo every 90 days and she's getting it at random times every 30 days anyways.

    The Patch(Ortho-Evra) rocked but apparently the dosage was off and I'm not sure about Nuva-Ring. My doctor recommended doing the Seasonale-style thing with my regular dosage pills instead. It worked much better. Do some research and question, question, question the Doctor for options.

    I don't know your stance, but some relaxing herb works wonders for cramps, nausea and insommnia. Strictly medicinal.

    By Blogger saraclark, at 8:59 PM  

  • She woke up calling for YellowTail and an IV.

    By Blogger Exador, at 4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats