Monosyllabic Pedantry

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I hate Wednesdays

We have our weekly meeting. I spent yesterday tracking down a problem with a backplane I designed. The problem is that I was informed that the slot speed is supposed to be configured "thusly", which I did. The backplane was tested by our test engineer, and all the slot speeds were confirmed.
In a round about way, I have discovered that the slot speed is MUCH slower, and the test engineer probably didn't test it, and lied that he did in his test report.

But I still feel responsible because it's MY board. I should have known.

Now I have to go to this meeting and tell everybody in the company that it's screwed up. Our inventory has to be re-worked. The board has to be respun. I don't even know what they're going to do about boards in the field. The test engineer doesn't go to this meeting. I can't throw all the blame on him, because I'd come off looking shitty.

CRAP

Update 12:00 :
As I said, the test engineer isn't in the meeting, but his immediate superior, "Ben", IS.
So I explain to everybody what's screwed up on the backplane, and without missing a beat, the drector of engineering turns to Ben and says, "You have to improve the way you are testing that slot speed. That should have never made it out of test."

VICTORY IS MINE!

2 Comments:

  • At least you don't have leprosy. Leprosy would suck...

    By Blogger Plimco, at 7:25 AM  

  • Revenge is a dish best served cold. Figure out a way to fuck this engineer over if it takes the rest of your life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats