Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, September 18, 2006

No Gin on Sunday!

We had such great plans. We were going to wake up early and go for a hike Sunday morning. But Mrs Schwartz woke up with a sinus headache. Since the meth cooks got the idiot, convervative politicians in a huff, finding Sudafed in your local drugstore has gotten harder and harder. Apparently, whatever pollen that kills her, is active right now.
I went online and ordered five boxes of it, but it won't be here for a week.
Those of you that are married, know that when your wife feels like crap, you can't just say, "Well, sorry honey, I'm going for a hike." So we were stuck at the house. She slept all day while I putz'd around. I surfed the web. I watched tv. All the while, I had my favorite gin-based adult beverage handy.
The dangerous thing about gin is that it sneaks up on you. You're hanging out, watching Hidalgo, one minute, the next minute you wake up on your livingroom floor and realize you have 30 minutes to get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats