Monosyllabic Pedantry

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Bad Parenting

Let me preface this with the required disclaimer: I'm not a parent.
But like art, I know what I like, and dislike.

We went to Jillians last evening for a bit of Zombie-killing. We've come to realize that killing zombies is a healthy vent for Mrs Schwartz' aggression. She's had a hard week at work (so did I, but that's another post) and we thought it would be good for her.

We get there and the place is mobbed, mostly with families. The age range for the kids goes from babies, on up. When we first entered, we saw two boys that were about 5, playing a first-person shooter game where the player does a commando-type raid on terrorists. This game is one of MY favorites. You hold a gun that's basically shaped like an assault rifle. The kids were so small, they held it with the stock resting over their shoulders. It's very realistic when you shoot people; there's blood, they fall like a real person. The parents were no where to be seen.

From there, we saw a guy sitting in a go-cart, trying to drive it, as the baby on his shoulder was screaming and trying to get away from him. Mrs S was bitching to me about it as we stood behind him. I don't know if the guy heard her or not, but he finally turned to me and said, "Take over, he's crying.", and I jumped in to finish his game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats