Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, September 25, 2006

On the Road

Monday 2:30 PM EST
I'm liveblogging from the Airport bar. Our flight leaves in 15 minutes. hopefully enough time for one beer.

Monday 8:30 pm Pacific time
We're settled into the hotel room. It turned out that my watch was running about 15 minutes late. We approached the gate and the gate agent yelled out to us, "What's your last name?"
It turns out we were the last people to get on the plane.
I checked into the convention, which I'm here for all week, then walked around the neighborhood, and had some great chili at a little bar around the corner. The jet lag is getting to me, so I'm going to bed.

2:00 pm Wednesday
I'm hanging out in the hotel room. Intel does a "meet and greet", which is basically a big trade show. The idea is that you can network with vendors. They really push that part of it. You have the opportunity to shmooze from 6pm to 8pm each night. I guess if you're geeky enough to want to hang out with these dweebs, you could fill that time. Me? I make a loop through the room. I stop and make contact with the vendors that I need to. We trade contact information. After that, I leave. The whole thing might take me 45 minutes. That is what I did last night. I don't need to do it again.
Because they push it, they added two hours in the middle of the day today. That's why I'm hanging out in the hotel room, drinking a beer.
The shitty thing is that I have two more classes to go to later today, so my evening is screwed up because I'll be working until 6. If they had done it the other way around, I could have been done today by 2 and had the rest of the day to hit the town. Losers. At least I got a cool yoyo that lights up.

1 Comments:

  • Can I have your yoyo?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats