Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, September 29, 2006

Poker-face Schwartz

We went out to breakfast. I got us completely lost, leading us deeper and deeper into the really bad part of the ghetto. Finally, after much consulting of the map, I got us to the diner.
After we ate, Mrs Schwartz, who cries incessantly about her sinus problems (especially after shoving a bottle up her nose), was whining that we had to stop at the walgreens to get her more drugs.
We get there, and she discovers that they still have the Sudafed with pseudoephedrine! We can't get it in GA anymore because we're all meth cooks. She starts freaking out right in front of the pharmacist. Then she says to me that she wants it to kick in faster, so maybe she should grind up the pills! Then she grabs a pill crusher to buy with her ephedrine!
I try to quietly say that, "It'll be fine the way it is."
The pharmacist gets a box. She asks if she can buy two boxes and he sternly tells her that state law only allows her to buy one box. She turns to me, right in front of the pharmacist, and says to me, "You buy the other box for me!"
I declined, but I ended up going back to same pharmacy later that day to buy another box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats