Monosyllabic Pedantry

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Paying thr Piper

Over the weekend, Mrs Schwartz made a huge ham roast. It had a huge hambone sticking throught he middle of it. It was about 6 inches long as as thick as your wrist.

Exador: I'm gonna give Zachary the hambone to chew on.
Mrs S: He'll get sick
Exador: It'll be worth it to him. He'll get a little squirty, but you're here all day, and you leave the back door open, so he can go out whenever he wants.
Mrs S: Fine

He was thrilled. He took it out in the yard, and we watched as he attacked it. Later on, Mrs Schwartz came up to me and said, "I found Zachary gnawing on a little piece of that bone."

Fast forward to 4:30 this morning. I am awakened by a sound.

NNNgha NNNgha NNNgha

It sounds like if you put a stethoscope to your throat and swallowed over and over. It's the sound of the dog getting ready to throw up.

I sprang from the bed, fully awake. Finding Zachary in the hallway, I quickly herded him downstairs and out the back the door. Phew! Crisis averted.

As I went upstairs, I turned on the hall light. There, in the corner, was a little pile of bone pieces, covered with yellow spittle. The big freak had actually crushed the hambone into little pieces and ate them.

When he came back to bed, he laid down across the middle of the bed, taking up the whole thing. I tried to move him, but when he feels bad, he plays possum. I finally just shoved my legs underneath him and fell back asleep.

1 Comments:

  • And then there was the time we let Casey eat about a pound of the end of a ham roast.

    The phrase "Casey's Steaming Ham Puke" is now a legend in our family.

    By Blogger Kat Coble, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats