Monosyllabic Pedantry

Sunday, October 15, 2006

RawHide!


Mrs Schwartz worked in a stable when she was a kid. She's had a thing for horses her whole life. Before we were married, she claims that I promised we'd have horses one day. That day hasn't arrived yet.
She's been nagging me for years to take her horseback riding. She's a good egg, and the weather is perfect, so I set it up for today.
We drove to the north Georgia mountains. The cool thing about Sunny Farms, is that you don't have an employee go with you for the ride. You just take the horse. They're trail horses, so they pretty much just stay on the trail, and follow each other.
My equestrian experience consists of one ride when I was about ten, so I got Red. He was a nice horse, although apparently malnourished, since he insisted on stopping to eat grass every chance he got.
Mrs Schwartz got Max, who was much more "spirited". She wrestled with him the whole time, which is exactly what she wanted. He even jumped, bucked, and kicked. Good fun.
We had a great time, and I'm a hero, which is pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats