Monosyllabic Pedantry

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cruise Line Crimes

I'm of the opinion that I could go my whole life and never take a cruise and be better off. I have no interest in being stuffed with food before catching whatever disease quicky spreads through the ship. Not to mention that I've never been a big fan of corporate, organized fun.

My feelings were only reinforced after reading about crime victims on cruise lines.

Most of the crewmembers are from other countries. You are in international waters. The only help you could get would be from the cruise line company, but you can bet they are far more interested in saving their own ass, than in getting you justice. The crimes seem to break down into two groups: Disappearance, and sexual assault/rape, often of minors.

Reading through the victims' stories is heartbreaking.

2 Comments:

  • You read my mind. To me a cruise sounds like five kinds of hell.

    By Blogger Kat Coble, at 8:44 AM  

  • As someone who has been a part of it, I can tell you that the biggest crime on cruise ships is the entertainment.

    ba dum dum

    By Blogger Nashville Knucklehead, at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats