Monosyllabic Pedantry

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm Tingly

I woke up on Sunday with a slight numbness and tingling in my left pinky finger. I thought it was wierd, but I mangled that finger in a motorcycle accident years ago. It's still got an unnatural bend to it, but it never gave me any trouble before.
By the end of Sunday, the tingling/numbness had spread to slightly include my ring finger. By monday morning, both fingers and the edge of my palm were feeling it. It seems to have stopped there.
I'm getting good circulation to the fingers, so I'm leaning towards a pinched nerve.
Looking online, it could be anything from diebetes to carpal tunnel.
I'm due for a yearly checkup at the end of the month. If it doesn't get any worse, I'll wait until then. If I still have it, it will definitely be the topic of conversation between the doc and I.

2 Comments:

  • I wish to see a photograph of your strangely-shaped, once-mangled pinkie finger please.

    By Blogger Plimco, at 6:16 AM  

  • Why does that not surprise me.

    By Blogger Exador, at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats