Monosyllabic Pedantry

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Half Jerk Half Guilty

The Mrs and I went for Mexican food last night. We drove around the parking lot and there was literally one open space available. It was available because some dope had parked their SUV 2/3 in their own spot and 1/3 in the next spot over.

Mrs Schwartz: Do you want to try it?
Exador: Sure. I can fit it.

I squeezed into the spot, then had to climb over to the passenger side because I couldn't open the driver's side door.

We went into the restaurant and got a table on the patio, which overlooks the parking lot. Throughout the meal, I would casually look over to the Jeep, to see if the bad-parker was returning to their car.
Then I saw the back of the heads of two people approaching the car. I was concerned that this person might feel the desire to scratch my Jeep in some sort of bizarro retaliation for not giving them the two spots.
I hopped the railing and walked out to the parking lot, just to keep an eye on things. The SUV was still trying to get out, as I approached.
I could either stand there and watch or pretend to be getting something out of the Jeep. I chose the latter.
As I was opening the passenger side door, the passenger of the SUV called to me:
Passenger: Sorry about that park-job. She doesn't know how to park.
Exador: Well, no damage, no foul. She was able to get out. That's the important thing.
Driver: It's just that there was a car parked way over when we pulled in, so we had to park way over too.
Passenger: She's lying. She just doesn't know how to park.
Exador: So you're busting her out on her bad driving, huh?
Driver: I'm not lying. She's drunk. She doesn't know what she's saying.

Then they drove off. I felt a little guilty because it was two women, and I understand I can be a little intimidating, if you don't know what a big squishy teddy bear I am. I felt like I scared them a little; I came walking up on them pretty quickly.
Then the other half of me felt that stupid people, even women, need their stupidity pointed out to them.
So I'm kind of torn on the whole thing. Then again, what if I didn't come out, only to discover damage to my Jeep later on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats