Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, May 14, 2007

Bite Me

I'm currently engrossed in an ongoing battle royale with the old lady, so there's not much to post.
Also, I'm still battling that F-ing virus, which I haven't had adequate time to attack, due to {see above}
A couple things on that. I just discovered that my Windows XP cd is damaged. There's a scratch on it, and when I try to reload Windows, it tells me something.sys file is damaged and it bails out of the install.
I think the losers that I bought my pc from, loaded their copy of Windows on it when they were troubleshooting it, the first week I had it. My Product ID number has "OEM" instead of three of the middle numbers. This also prevents me from getting tech support.

Even my own mother, whom I called on Mother's Day, told me, "Just treat yourself and buy a new computer". I accused her of siding with my wife over her own son.

UPDATE:
I've been pretty critical of MicroSoft, but I've got to give them credit. When I called for telephone support, they quickly patched me through to "Product Replacement", and they are shipping me a new CD tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats