Monosyllabic Pedantry

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Nasal Irrigation

NPR did a story recently on nasal irrigation. It caught my ear because Mrs Schwartz has had sinus problems for as long as I've known her. They became even worse after the nasal spray incident.
Between the dog hair and pollen drifts, even my non-allergy sinuses get messed up.

I got one of the kits from the drug store.


I've got to say, it really works.


You bend over the sink, hold your breath and push water up one nostril until it starts coming out the other nostril. I know, wierd. It feels wierd too.


But it really works for clearing out your sinuses. It's all natural, inexpensive, and you can do it as much as you want with no side effects. I generally just do it once in the morning.


They have all sorts of solutions you can buy, but you can just use saline. In fact, I've just been using filtered water, and it works fine.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • All my grad school friends from India swore by this. It also (anecdotally) cuts down on colds and is supposed to help with bad breath.

    Why you thought I needed to see a picture of you douching your nose escapes me, though. Just doing your part to bring sexy back?

    By Blogger bridgett, at 12:51 PM  

  • That's not me, Candypants.
    You don't need to be coy, to get pictures of me.
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

    By Blogger Exador, at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats