Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, August 10, 2007

It's an Athlete Thing

Perpetual Idiot and ex-football player, Deion Sanders, has chimed in on the Michael Vick dogfighting scandal, with a column in the Fort Myers Press.

Deion thinks that dogfighting is okee dokey, it's what athletes do, and this is just Vick's way of showing how much he loves his dogs.


What a dog means to Vick might be a lot different than what he means to you or I. And some people enjoy proving they have the biggest, toughest dog on the street. You’re probably not going to believe this, but I bet Vick loves the dogs that were the biggest and the baddest. Maybe, he identified with them in some way.

Why are we indicting him? Was he the ringleader? Is he the big fish? Or is there someone else? The fights allegedly occurred at a property that he purchased for a family member. They apparently found carcasses on the property, but I must ask you again, is he the ringleader?This situation reminds me of a scene in the movie “New Jack City,” when drug dealer Nino Brown is on the witness stand and eloquently says, “This thing is bigger than me.” Are we using Vick to get to the ringleader? Are we using him to bring an end to dogfighting in the United States? The only thing I can gather from this situation is that we’re using Vick.

I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dog fighting to the death. It’s like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn’t tap out when he knows he can’t win.It reminds me of when I wore a lot of jewelry back in the day because I always wanted to have the biggest chain or the biggest, baddest car. It gives you status.





His ears had been cut off by his owner

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion.

    He wrote that in a newspaper?! That's public record? Well, then, someone send that man a supoena! Let's get him before a grand jury and let's hear some names of those "many athletes." Let's put some folks in jail.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats