Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, June 05, 2006

Home Office Update


It turns out that the free wireless router, that came with the new laptop, is a piece of crap. I spoke with our tech support people (benefit of working for a computer company) and they said that all of their wireless router calls involve a D-Link router. Mrs Schwartz tried surfing the web while we watched TV and it kept dropping out.
So I spent a good bit of the weekend running CAT-5 and telephone cable. We also installed Microsoft Office and set up the new printer. The good news is that everything is done. She can begin making money!

6/14 UPDATE: Ever since we installed Microsoft Office, the wireless router has been working flawlessly. Don't ask me why.

2 Comments:

  • I enjoy the juxtaposition of the rotary phone vs. the push button take-me-seriously-I'm-in-a-home-office phone...

    By Blogger Plimco, at 4:38 AM  

  • We found that rotary phone at a flea market. It's really from the 1930's; all heavy steel and such.

    I added a modern plug to the wire, and it works great.

    They don't make 'em like that anymore.

    Unfortunately, you can't do any of the modern beepy stuff with a rotary, so for work, she has to have the pushbutton.

    By Blogger Exador, at 4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats