Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, June 02, 2006

Company Man

I wake up at night, thinking about work. How geeky is that?

The way my job has been going, I've got a million things to do, but it's not the sort of thing that works well with multi-tasking. There are millions of little details, and any one of them can completely screw things up.

So I wake up worrying about a detail.

Last night it was, "That clock line ended up being way too long. Did I screw up and route the furthest left clock source to the furthest right bridge circuit? God, if I did, we'll have to rip out half the board and re-lay it out."

I rushed in to work early to check it. No, I didn't screw up. Phew!

4 Comments:

  • Bah. At least bridges don't fall down if you screw up. Wuss.

    By Blogger W, at 8:55 AM  

  • Oh, if you want to go down that road, fine.

    How hard can it be when you can SEE everything right there in front of you?

    Rebar and concrete. Big whoop.

    Try dealing with the speed of light, bridge-boy.

    By Blogger Exador, at 11:14 AM  

  • Ohhhh a little sensitive are we? At least the validitiy of your design doesn't depend on a bunch of half drunk guys with the keys to the bulldozer and concrete truck.

    Can you come by and take a look at my yard? It isn't growing properly...

    By Blogger W, at 5:12 AM  

  • Good one, W. That was funny.

    By Blogger Exador, at 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats