Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, October 09, 2006

I am not conservative

I generally listen to Neal Boortz when I go out at lunch, but these past few days, I've listened to Rush Limbaugh. Rush, you're really dropping the ball.

1.) Last week, he was talking about the Foley sex scandal. He was telling a listener, "You want to lose the Supreme court? You want to lose control of congress? etc". What this translates to is "The ends justify the means." If a few kids get molested, hey it's ok. We're keeping a majority. With that statement, he threw out any moral high ground he may have had.

2.) Today, in response to North Korea's nuke test, he was saying that what we SHOULD do is take out North Korea's nuclear sites. Actually, he said that "in the old America, we would have finished Korea, and Iran." Where to begin. I don't know what "old America" he was referring to. You mean the 1950's? Didn't we have a dustup with North Korea then? First of all, North Korea has enough of an infrastructure that taking out their sites would do practically nothing in reducing their nuclear capability. Second, where do you propose that we get the military to support a war with Korea right now?

Idiot

2 Comments:

  • In Old America, what did we do when the USSR shot off their first nuke test?

    Nothing.

    How about China? Still nothing.

    India and Pakistan? Nope and nope.

    How about when Iran gets their's? I'll give you three guesses.

    By Blogger Sarcastro, at 10:24 AM  

  • For some reason, I just have this enormous grin on my face. You have liberal cooties! You have liberal cooties! I hope you got them from me.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats